If you wish to update your passport name due to marriage, this is a quick guide for you.
If your passport has no discrepancies, you should avail their online passport application service. Click here.
Gather all the requirements.
- Completed Application Form
- Current passport with a photocopy of the data page
- Renewal fee (7,800 JPY)
- Self-addressed Letter Pack 510 (Your passport will be mailed to you after roughly 2 months.)
5. Original copy and a photocopy of PSA-issued Marriage Certificate issued less than 1 year before the date of renewal.
Now you’re ready for your personal appearance at the embassy. Click here for the location and access.
WHAT TO DO AT THE EMBASSY
- Go to Window 7 to submit the requirements. (Online applicants will be prioritized. Thus, there’s a priority lane for you along with the pregnant applicants, PWD applicants, and so on.)
- Pay the renewal fee at Window 9.
- Wait for your name to be called for the last step (biometric information collection).
- Double check your application form. It should be duly accomplished.
- Do not wear glasses and colored lenses.
- Wear a shirt with a collar.
- Be there on time.
- You can go there by car, but you have to find a parking area that’s nearby.
- As much as possible, do not go there as a walk-in applicant. You don’t want a long queue and complain about it.
As for me, fortunately, I didn’t have any problems as I availed the online application service. I left the embassy after about an hour. Not that fast but it was okay.
I received my new passport about 2 weeks after my application! What a surprise!
Stay updated! Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.