How to Register your Marriage in the Philippines

How to Register your Marriage in the Philippines

After your wedding ceremony, one should immediately go to the Local Civil Registrar’s office to have your marriage registered. You don’t want a delayed registration. Go to the nearest LCR’s office where your wedding was held. Like in our case, I live in Mandaue City but our wedding took place somewhere in Cebu City. Thus, I had to register our marriage in Cebu City LCR’s office. It could be done by one of the couple or the one who solemnized the marriage a day after the wedding ceremony. Here are the documents to be submitted:

  1. Certificate of Marriage (given by the person who solemnized your marriage, 4 forms)
  2. Letter of Request (the duly notarized letter that you gave to the one who solemnized your marriage, 2 copies)
  3. 1 photocopy of the solemnizer’s license


  1. Be extra careful when filling out the forms prior to the wedding day. Should be typewritten. Check the spelling of the details. Don’t leave any blank spaces. Just type N/A if it’s not applicable to you. (Certificate of Marriage)
  2. Prepare Php20 for the solemnization fee at the LCR’s office.
  3. You will be asked to come back for your personal copies of the Certificate of Marriage. 2 original forms will be returned to you including the photocopy of the solemnizer’s license.
  4. They will be the one to endorse it to NSO. Your NSO Marriage Contract will be available after 2 months. (Ordinary Endorsement)

Should you have any clarifications, don’t hesitate to comment below or contact me through my Facebook for immediate response.

Stay updated! Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.

Join 7,691 other followers