How To Get A Pre-marriage Counseling Certificate (Philippines)

How To Get A Pre-marriage Counseling Certificate (Philippines)

Attending a pre-marriage counseling seminar is the next thing to do after getting the Barangay Certificate. This seminar basically takes place in your local City Social Welfare Services office. The couple’s personal appearance is highly needed. Ask for the schedule of the seminar beforehand. After the seminar, a certificate will be given to you which is one of the requirements when applying for a marriage license in the Philippines.

What to do:

  1. Go to your local City Health’s office. (Bring with you the Barangay Certificate.)
  2. Pay for the seminar certificate. You will be asked whether your partner is a foreigner or not as the fees vary according to the nationality of one’s partner.
    *For both Filipinos: Php 30.25
    *For a Foreigner Partner: Php 60.50
  3. After paying, you will receive the official receipt. Keep it.
  4. Have your Barangay Certificate and the seminar certificate’s receipt photocopied. (1 copy each)
  5. Now go to your local’s City Social Welfare Services (CSWS) office. You should go there a day before the schedule of the seminar.
  6. Hand in the photocopies. You will be asked to fill out a form.

NOTE: The procedures may vary from city to city.

This seminar runs 3-4 hours in the morning. Just so you know, the language used during the seminar is mostly Cebuano or Filipino.

Stay updated! Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will be protected.

Join 7,695 other followers