This is the most popular type of Biore facial foam according to their official website, that’s why I chose this one. Another reason why I wanted to try this facial cleanser is that my previous one can’t seem to moisturize my skin well in this cold season. Winter chill is nearing and my skin starts to feel really dry so I need a facial cleanser that can cleanse my face and at the same time help retain its moisture. I’ve been using Biore Skin Care Facial Cleanser Moisture (also known as Biore Skin Care Facial Foam Moisture) for almost 3 weeks now and here’s my straightforward review.Continue reading “Review: Kao Biore Skin Care Facial Cleanser Moisture”
It’s a moisturizing patch specifically for the dry areas around the eyes and mouth. That’s why this product is also labeled as sleeping eye masks by non-Japanese speakers online. I think the original name is too long and a bit confusing, right? Anyway, if you’ve seen this at your nearby Japanese drugstore and have been thinking about trying it out, I hope this straightforward review can somehow help you make a decision.Continue reading “Review: Biore TEGOTAE Nighttime Intensive Moisture Facial Pack”
This skin whitening supplement comes from SSP, the same Japanese manufacturer of my favorite painkiller. If you’re curious to know how effective it is, keep reading. I bought my first bottle of this last month and finished it 30 days later.
- This supplement is effective at treating and preventing freckles, age spots, sunburn, acne, eczema, rashes, general malaise and hangover.
- Contains L-Cysteine, an antioxidant that suppresses the production of excessive melanin to prevent blemishes and make your skin clear.
- Contains vitamin C, suppresses excessive melanin production and improves spots and freckles.
- Contains the largest amount of calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5) which promotes the skin cell turnover and supports the recovery of the skin.
- Contents: 120 tablets (for 30 days), Price: 4,500 yen excluding tax
- Made in Japan
Take the following dose TWICE DAILY with water or lukewarm water.
|Age||Adult (15 years old and over)||7-14 years old|
|1 dose||2 tablets||1 tablet|
In 4 tablets (2 tablets morning and night, daily for adults)
|Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)||500mg|
- It’s not difficult to swallow since the size of the tablet is pretty small. So even if I take 4 tablets (morning and evening) everyday, it’s no big deal.
- The daily amount of vitamin C for adults (500mg) doesn’t exceed the recommended dosage which is up to 1000mg. The same goes for L-Cysteine (240mg) which is typically 500mg a day.
- You can take it before or after meals. But if you have a very sensitive stomach, the company recommends after meals.
- It’s okay to take it during pregnancy, but it’s important to refrain from taking medications during pregnancy unless you need them, and it’s a good idea to tell your doctor that you’re taking them.
- Safe for breastfeeding women but you still have to inform your doctor about it.
- It doesn’t only focus on whitening your skin but it also helps with fatigue and hangover. Probably 3 weeks after taking, I felt less tired especially after a 3-hour non-stop walk with my dog. Before the pandemic, we used to usually walk for at least an hour 2 or 3 times a day. I could rest in between those walks but this new routine of ours is quite exhausting. I don’t have anything to say about it when talking about hangover because I don’t drink alcohol anymore. Proud to say that I’ve been sober for many years.
- The daily amount of calcium pantothenate for adults is 30mg which is larger than the recommended amount that is 5mg. Taking larger amounts increases the chance of having side effects such as diarrhea. I experienced it on the first 2 days but it was manageable and wasn’t coupled with stomachache. After that, the diarrhea occurred every now and then but remained painless.
- You’re supposed to see the whitening effect on your skin especially the age spots and freckles after 3 months of continuous intake which I find a bit long for its price. I thought I’d be able to get immediate results due to the amount of the active ingredients but it wasn’t the case at all.
There’s no harm in trying this one out. You just have to be patient with your desired results. I think I won’t repurchase. I’ll just take vitamin C instead. I’d like to know your thoughts on this product.
Don’t miss my next review. Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.