Argelan is an up-and-coming organic cosmetics brand that offers full-scale prescription, ease of use on a daily basis, and comfort. I always see this brand whenever I shop at Matsumoto Kiyoshi, the largest drug store franchise in Japan. Only this time I got curious about their organic lipstick so I bought one. Here’s my straightforward review on Argelan Colour Lipstick in the shade of amber rose.
- Highly colored semi-matte type that gives you a lipstick-like color with a single application
- 100% naturally derived ingredients
- Obtained organic certification
- Made in Japan
- Contains organic castor oil, a skin protection ingredient
- With organic sunflower seed oil which gives the effect of softening the skin
OTHER ORGANIC RAW INGREDIENTS:
coconut oil, jojoba seed oil, shea butter, orange peel oil, bitter orange flower oil, bitter orange leaf/branch oil, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, cacao fat, canina rose fruit oil, macadamia seed oil, lavender oil, prune seed oil, palmarosa oil
- Free of silicon, paraben, synthetic coloring, synthetic fragrance, paraffin (lubricant), carbomer (thickening agent), carmine (red coloring that’s made from bugs)
- I deliberately used it for 2 days straight with or without a lip balm and exposed myself to a heater for hours. In winter, my lips tend to crack easily but with this lipstick I’m surprised how highly moisturizing it is. For 2 days, I didn’t have chapped lips due to dryness. It works well even on its own in terms of moisture.
- It smells like orange and refreshing. Take note, it’s not artificial.
- Non-irritating. Some ingredients can cause irritation but this lipstick seems to have the carefully chosen organic ingredients.
- It doesn’t burn my lips which means it has no capsaicin, a compound that causes the burning sensation that gives your lips a plumping effect. I’m not a fan of it.
- I like how it smoothly glides during application.
- The color is pretty pigmented so I don’t have to keep rubbing it on my lips to achieve the look that I want.
- It’s not transfer-proof.
- Since it contains a lot of plant ingredients, it breaks easily and the pigmentation doesn’t last long.
I think this lipstick is perfect for everyday use since it’s very gentle on the lips. I don’t really mind that its color doesn’t last that long because I don’t go out that much these days. Wearing a lipstick even at home is one way to uplift my mood. This one does the job. This isn’t a sponsored post, but I totally recommend this product. What do you think of this one?
Don’t miss my next review. Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email.