This is an intense gel cream that is made with active brightening ingredient 4MSK to suppress melanin production and prevent dark spots and freckles. It’s from Aqua Label, a popular skincare brand created by Shiseido. The brand features their easy skincare products that help you achieve clear, resilient, and glowing skin. I wanted to see how this would work on my dark spots so I bought it with gusto.
90g, 1,980 yen (tax included)
Prices may vary by shop.
- 5-in-1 gel cream (toner, body milk, cream, beauty serum, and face mask).
- Gives moisturizing and whitening effects.
- With gentle herbal rose scent.
HOW TO USE:
Apply one almond-sized dab of the cream to your whole face (I always include my neck) using your fingertips after cleansing your face. Use morning and night daily.
- Refined packaging. Easy to dispense.
- Nice scent.
- Penetrates into the skin quickly.
- It didn’t really moisturize my face from day one to two.
- I had to stop putting it on my face after my second day of trying it out. My skin reacted poorly to it. I got something like rashes on my cheeks and neck (front area). At first, I thought it was my new toner that I also started using along this one but after a couple of days of not using this cream, the itchiness I felt on my cheeks completely disappeared. But I still have a few darkish and reddish marks on my neck. Here’s a photo I took this morning. It’s still a little itchy but it appears to be healing. Thanks to the remaining medicine that I got from a Japanese skin clinic where I had my acne treatment last year. I hope this won’t leave any scars at all.
Perhaps this product is just too intense for my sensitive skin. I’ll just use this as my body lotion instead. Hope it won’t irritate my skin again. It’s not easy for me to ditch it like that. It’s not that cheap for me. Now I’m off to buy a new moisturizer.
This isn’t something I’d wish for other people to experience. I was a bit scared thinking about how it would leave dark marks on my cheeks. Glad it didn’t. You see, this is the danger of trying new products. That’s why I keep my reviews honest no matter what so others will be warned or informed about a certain product.
Have you tried this? I would love to hear your experience.
Don’t miss my next review! Subscribe via email now! Your email address will not be published.
8 thoughts on “Review: Shiseido AQUALABEL Special Gel Cream (White)”
Thanks for the review, great post. I wonder if maybe you need to work into your skincare routine slowly. To reduce dark spots it would need some kind of ingedrient such as niacinamide, tranexamic acid or vitamin c or something to that effect. Does it show you the ingredients?
If the photo indicates the colour of your skin then I respectfully suggest that you don’t need to change a single thing about it. Just saying. 🙂
Kindness – Robert.
I’ll take that as a compliment, Robert. Thank you!
Thank goodness for your honest review. Maybe and this is just a suggestion send the company an email explaining what happened when you used their product? Maybe you could get a refund? Let me know!
I wish I could speak Japanese very well so I could do your brilliant suggestion. Their official website doesn’t really support English customer service at the moment. My husband doesn’t want to cooperate. He thinks it’ll take time. 😀
Not all products are suitable for us with sensitive skin. I’m glad you stopped using it before it became worse
I totally agree with you. Would love to know which Japanese beauty products you had to stop using.
LikeLiked by 1 person