Sekkisei by Kose is a long-selling brand centered around skincare products that aim to make your skin translucent and bright. If you look at the first large Japanese character (雪) on the bottle, you read it as yuki which means snow. You’ll achieve dullness-free skin with the clarity of snow if you use their products. Sounds too good to be true, I know. So I bought one of their famous products and used until its last drop. It lasted for about 2 months. Would I repurchase it? Keep reading.
200mL, 5,000 Japanese Yen (excluding tax)
- A medicated cosmetic lotion that offers clear, snow-white, fine-grained skin that is both moisturized and translucent.
- Made with moisturizing oriental herbal extracts (coix seed, angelica, melothria).
- Prevents dullness that comes from dryness.
- Weakly acidic.
- Made in Japan
- Packaging is simple but functional.
- The watery texture gives a cooling and refreshing sensation.
- Makes my skin feel moisturized.
- My skin feels less rough now.
- My skin looks just a tad brighter.
- It doesn’t trigger acne.
- It contains alcohol which may be the reason why my cheeks are still reddish after using it day and night for 2 months.
- Although it’s said to be weakly acidic, it gives me a little bit of a tingling sensation.
- Too expensive for me.
Summary in image:
The results it gave me didn’t really impress me given its price. If it was cheaper, I would be impressed. So now I’m using a different brand. Keep an eye out for my review on it. If you have similar skin issues as mine, I think you don’t have to try this one out. However, if you have less problematic skin and just want to improve your skin texture and tone without minding the price, this might be good for you.
Have you tried this toner? Would love to hear your experience.
Don’t miss my next review. Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.