There’s no shame being a homemaker. In fact, it’s a noble non-paying career. You get a lifetime contract and I like to think that having a peaceful home is my remuneration. I enjoy every second of it and today, I’d like to share the things that make me delighted about my decision of becoming a housewife.
- I work at my own pace. As long as our meals are ready, I do the rest of the household chores anytime I want. There are plenty of things to do but there are no deadlines. I’m not worried about starting late or finishing early. And I take breaks whenever I want to.
- I am in no competition. I don’t have to constantly work hard to be awarded as the employee of the month or the most popular English teacher of the month and be given incentives for it. If anything, I am my own competition. I try to grow as a person without facing pressure. I don’t need to prove my worth to anyone.
- My husband doesn’t need to think about other things and is able to focus on his work. He can eat and rest well. I help him develop good eating habits and encourage him to be physically active as he’s always in his seat while working. It melts my heart every time he appreciates me for doing those little things.
- I answer to no one. I don’t have a boss to tell me what to do and what not to do. It doesn’t mean I don’t like being told, it’s just the reality of not working for anybody. When I was still working, I didn’t mind being lectured by my superiors. As a matter of fact, it was an honor but the pressure would stress me out. You know the feeling of having to comply or keep a good track of your performance to impress your boss or clients. I’m glad I’m free from that chain now.
- I’ve learned to cook and bake which is a big deal for me because we both have a soft spot for tasty foods. I thought I couldn’t be trusted in the kitchen. It’s so rewarding to see my husband enjoying the food I make. A different kind of feeling I get compared to the times I was still doing my thing in the corporate world. I’m learning new things day by day and it excites me to know that I’m capable of doing many things. Not just teaching.
I don’t know how long this will last, but I will always be grateful for leading an almost stress-free life. Now, I would love to hear your story. Tell me about the things you love being the lady of the house.
Stay updated! Not a WordPress user? Just subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.