Elixir is just one of the many brands created by Shiseido. It specializes in anti-aging skincare and is loved by a wide range of customers and has maintained the top sales ranking in Japan for 13 consecutive years (Nov 2006-Oct 2019 sales share). This is the reason why I decided to give this brand a shot even if it’s a bit pricey for me. I bought 2 types of lotion but today I’m only reviewing this one first which I’ve been using for almost 2 months now.
- It has 3 types. I (さっぽり = Refreshing), II (しっとり = Moist), III (とてもしっとり = Very Moist). Type I is recommended for oily skin, type II is for oily and dry combination skin and type III is for dry skin.
- This lotion retains moisture and reduces wrinkle effectively with unique formulas.
- Helps keep skin looking clean, radiant and glowing.
HOW TO USE
After washing face, put 2 drops into a cotton and gently apply it to the whole face. You can also use your hands. Be sure to wash your hands first.
I use this as my morning moisturizer.
- Nice and messy-free bottle
- Easy to dispense
- Has a pleasant scent that doesn’t linger.
- It’s very light on my skin. No sticky feeling.
- Even if the weather gets warm or hot, my face doesn’t feel tacky at all.
- Quick to dry
- I apply sunscreen after this and it makes the application easier. My sunscreen just glides even more smoothly.
- Doesn’t trigger acne.
- It’s hot these days so I don’t want to apply a lot of products to my face. I just want a toner followed by a moisturizer, and then a sunscreen. This fits perfectly as my moisturizer in the morning. It does moisturize my skin all day long.
- The glowing effect doesn’t last long.
- No immediate visible result like the skin being radiant and wrinkle-free.
So far, my acne prone skin is satisfied with its moisturizing power. I think with continued use, I’ll be able to see great improvements with my skin. I will repurchase this if I don’t feel like trying a different brand. I definitely recommend this lotion!
Don’t miss my next review. Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.