Did you know that Anessa is the No.1 sunscreen brand in Japan for 19 consecutive years? Created by Shiseido, it’s recent and enhanced formula helps to strengthen UV protection when sunscreen comes into contact with heat, sweat and water. The brand’s products come in different types – milk, gel and spray – with different ranges suitable for different skin types. This time I opted for the milk type that’s suitable for sensitive skin.
I started using this when spring began here in Japan. This year’s spring seems a bit warmer than last year. As a matter fact, as I’m writing this right now, the temperature feels like summer. This could mean one thing, you need a solid sunscreen to battle the harmful rays of the sun even when you’re sweating. Could this be it? Keep reading.
60ml, 2,000 ~ 3,000 Japanese Yen
I bought it from a popular drugstore and came with a pouch.
- Gentle UV protection that contains SPF50+ PA++++ / for face and body
- Made with 50% skincare ingredients that aid in conditioning and preventing UV induced skin problems.
- Usable as makeup primer and comes off easily with soap.
- Protects skin from dryness
- No alcohol, preservatives, colorant, fragrance, and mineral oil
- UV protection veil spreads more evenly when exposed to sweat or water and becomes further stronger.
- Made in Japan
HOW TO USE:
Shake well before using. Apply generously before sun exposure. Apply evenly to your face and neck as the last step in your skincare routine. Apply directly to the body in a straight line, then spread evenly in large circular motions using your palm. Use enough to achieve adequate UV protection against UV rays. Re-apply frequently to maintain protection, especially after perspiring, swimming and toweling. Remove thoroughly with daily facial cleanser.
- It has a watery consistency so it’s super easy to blend into the skin.
2. Non-sticky and super lightweight
3. Sweat and waterproof (I tried wearing this while playing with my dog in an open soccer field for 2 hours. Came back home without any sunburn and my face still appeared radiant.)
4. Because it’s gentle and hypoallergenic, not only is it for sensitive skin but also for babies over 1 year old.
5. Friction-resistant (It doesn’t come off easily even when I’m wearing a mask.)
6. Doesn’t trigger acne.
- It belongs to the pricey side for me so I only use it on my face. Since it has a tone up effect, it makes my face look one tone brighter than the rest. I even use a small amount of the product. The image below explains it. Now try looking from my face down to my neck, repeat and see the difference of the tone.
2. You have to properly moisturize your face prior to application. Because if you don’t, it has the tendency to settle in the dry parts and appear like white spots.
At the moment, I’m impressed with how well it works on my acne prone skin. I just wish it could lessen the redness of my cheeks. I’ll carry on with it and see how it goes. It definitely deserves the No.1 spot. Have you tried any Anessa products? Share your experience in the comments below!
Don’t miss my next review. Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.