Eye drops are not my thing. It’s a torture for me to drop something into my eyes but things change. Particularly in this freezing weather, I sometimes get reddened eyes which isn’t pleasing to see. One time I had bleary-eyed specifically my left eye for about 3 days. I didn’t know what to do. I just let it heal itself. Fortunately it did! I guess this would be an occasional thing now. So I purchased something that may help me battle this episodic dilemma.
- Contains five active ingredients at maximum concentrations, including taurine that facilitates turnover (metabolism) in the eyes, chondroitin sulfate sodium that protects and moisturizes the cornea, and vitamin B12 (the “red vitamin”) that relieves tiredness of the eye muscles, to relieve eye stress and promote healthy eyes free of redness.
- Use this product if you experience these symptoms:
Tired eyes, conjunctival congestion, bleary eyes (increase in eye mucus, etc.), itchy eyes, prevention of eye disease (after swimming, when dust or sweat enters the eyes, etc.), blepharitis (soreness of eyelids), ophthalmia due to light rays such as ultraviolet rays (e.g., snow blindness), discomfort while wearing hard contact lenses
- 12ml, 1500 yen excluding tax
Dosage / Administration
Instill 1 to 3 drops at a time, 5 to 6 times daily.
Please observe the following precautions.
(1) Overuse can cause sensations of excessive brightness and may actually lead to red eyes.
(2) If administered to a child, the product must be administered under the direction and observation of the child’s guardian.
(3) Do not let the tip of the bottle touch your eyes, eyelids or eyelashes (doing so could cause the solution to become contaminated with eye mucus or bacteria). Do not use the product if it does become contaminated.
(4) Do not use the product while wearing soft contact lenses.
(5) Use only as an eye drop.
I will also include some important reference information here. Please read carefully before using the product.
Precautions for use
1. The following people should consult with their doctor, pharmacist, or registered pharmaceutical distributor before using this product.
(1) People receiving treatment from a doctor
(2) People who have experienced an allergic reaction to medicine or other substances
(3) People who have the following symptom
Severe pain in the eyes
(4) People who have received the following diagnosis
2. If you experience any of the following symptoms after using this product, it may be an adverse reaction. In such a case, please stop using the product immediately, take this information form to your doctor, pharmacist, or registered pharmaceutical distributor and seek consultation.
Redness, itchiness, swelling
3. In any of the following cases, please stop using the product, take this information form to your doctor, pharmacist, or registered pharmaceutical distributor and seek consultation.
(1) If bleariness of the eyes does not improve
(2) If symptoms do not improve within 5 to 6 days of use
Precautions regarding storage and handling
(1) Store in a cool place away from direct sunlight and keep sealed. To preserve the quality of the product, do not leave it in a hot place such as inside a car or near a heater. If the product is left in a hot place, the bottle may become warped causing the solution to leak and degrading its quality. Please do not use the product in such a case.
(2) Keep out of reach of children.
(3) Do not transfer the solution to another receptacle.
(Doing so may lead to misuse of the product or may affect its quality.)
(4) Do not share the product with another person.
(5) Do not use the product if it has exceeded its use-by date. Even before the use-by date, please use the product as soon as possible after opening the bottle.
(6) Depending on the conditions of storage, the ingredients may crystallize and form red deposits around the inside of the bottle’s tip or on the inside of the cap. If this occurs, gently wipe off the deposits with a clean piece of gauze before using the product.
(7) The product’s red color is due to the vitamin B12 (“red vitamin” cyanocobalamin) in the solution. If you spill any of the solution and stain your clothes when using the product, immediately wash your clothes with water.
Does it work?
Surprisingly, yes. About 3 days ago, my left eye got bleary again. I instilled 2 drops just once and the next day, it went back to its calm state. While the product was there sitting in my eye, I didn’t feel any tingling sensation. It felt rather refreshing as it had the cold temperature. Absorption was a bit quick. Luckily, my eye didn’t show any allergic reactions after using it for the first time. I forgot to take photos. Believe it or not, this will be my savior for as long as it gets its job done. I will also use this whenever my eyes feel tired.
Do you use eye drops? Which brand are you using now?
Don’t miss my next review. Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.