“In just 14 days, your skin’s 5 dimensions are visibly transformed: age spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear.” Says the brand of this iconic product that reviewers say is a miracle water. This got me really curious. So a year ago I got my hands on SK-II’s signature product with hopes of solving my skin issues like acne marks, premature wrinkles, red and dark marks (due to acne), dullness, uneven skin tone, and roughness. My skin is sometimes oily and some days dry. Not to mention that I’m acne prone.
I used it for almost a year and I really can’t say much about how it performed. But first, just a little overview of the product.
- SK-II’s signature product, the much-loved and most awarded bestseller, Facial Treatment Essence has over 90% Pitera™, the miracle ingredient discovered over 30 years ago that remains essentially unchanged till today.
- Pitera™ is a natural bio-ingredient containing over 50 micro-nutrients like vitamins, minerals, amino acids and organic acids to condition skin’s natural functions.
- Conditions and stabilizes the fluctuating state of your skin, protecting its natural health against external aggressors giving crystal clear skin.
- Gently exfoliates the face and helps moderate the skin surface renewal cycle.
- This lightweight miracle water is quickly absorbed into the skin.
- Recommended to start using from your 20s.
Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid
HOW TO USE
Soak a cotton pad and gently smooth onto your face for 1 minute. Turn the cotton pad around and gently pat onto your face and neck for another minute. Apply every morning and night after cleansing and toning.
I religiously used this twice a day and followed the instructions on how to use it. I sometimes even tried to apply a little more of the essence. After 14 days, I didn’t see anything special. The issues I mentioned earlier were still visible. Continued using it but after 2 months I decided to use it only every night because of its funky smell. It goes away but not immediately so it’s not a good thing when you’re out there meeting people with that unpleasant smell. Even my husband dislikes it and once asked me why I put up with the smell.
- It’s pretty moisturizing.
- Not sticky at all
- Not irritating
- Didn’t cause breakouts
- No burning sensation
- 230 ml can last up to 6 months or more.
- Unpleasant smell
- No immediate results
I’m not saying that this product is totally ineffective just because it didn’t produce the results that I wanted. The brand says that results may vary between individuals so I guess that’s it. But then again, it didn’t give me a crystal clear skin after 14 days. However, I admired how it moisturized my skin, but that’s all. Perhaps the effects may be noticeable in the long run, but it’s too pricey to maintain you know. Not buying this again. I doubt if I recommend it. How’s your experience with this product? Any product you want me to try and review?
Don’t miss my next review. Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.