Philippine Passport Renewal (Change Of Name) in Japan

If you wish to update your passport name due to marriage, this is a quick guide for you.

If your passport has no discrepancies, you should avail their online passport application service. Click here.
Gather all the requirements.

  1. Completed Application Form
  2. Current passport with a photocopy of the data page
  3. Renewal fee (7,800 JPY)
  4. Self-addressed Letter Pack 510 (Your passport will be mailed to you after roughly 2 months.)
letter pack 510 japan
You can buy this at Lawson.

5. Original copy and a photocopy of PSA-issued Marriage Certificate issued less than 1 year before the date of renewal.

Now you’re ready for your personal appearance at the embassy. Click here for the location and access.


  1. Go to Window 7 to submit the requirements. (Online applicants will be prioritized. Thus, there’s a priority lane for you along with the pregnant applicants, PWD applicants, and so on.)
  2. Pay the renewal fee at Window 9.
  3. Wait for your name to be called for the last step (biometric information collection).


  1. Double check your application form. It should be duly accomplished.
  2. Do not wear glasses and colored lenses.
  3. Wear a shirt with a collar.
  4. Be there on time.
  5. You can go there by car, but you have to find a parking area that’s nearby.
  6. As much as possible, do not go there as a walk-in applicant. You don’t want a long queue and complain about it.

As for me, fortunately, I didn’t have any problems as I availed the online application service. I left the embassy after about an hour. Not that fast but it was okay.


I received my new passport about 2 weeks after my application! What a surprise!

Stay updated! Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.

Join 7,693 other followers

5 thoughts on “Philippine Passport Renewal (Change Of Name) in Japan

  1. Hi! Good evening I’m newly wed last feb 6 2019 to my japanese husband my I ask if i need to change my passport sa surname ng husband ko kahit hnd pa nmn expired ang passport ko ? Nandito pa po ako sa PH .but this year I hope na matapos lahat ng processing papers para makasama ko na din ang husband ko sa Japan. Thank you . Sana mapansin mo ang message ko.

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Hi po! Actually, di po sya necessary pero kung gusto nyo na po gamitan yung surname ni hubby nyo po, you can renew your passport kahit di pa expired. Just be sure na yung other ID cards nyo po ay surname na rin ng hubby nyo after nyan.
      Have a good day!


      1. Thank you po sa pag reply Marami pa po ako gusto i ask someday hehe! God bless po.

        Liked by 1 person

        1. You’re welcome po! Andito lang po ako. 🙂 God bless you both!


Feel free to share your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close