I made mention of a Japanese makeup product that I’d share with you following this review on Missha Magic Cushion Moisture SPF 50+/PA+++. Most of the products particularly the base makeup I have tried here (thanks to the testers available at the shops) are in the shades suitable for those who have pink undertone. It has been quite a challenge for me to find that one thing that’ll match my skin even a bit. I’ve been using this since summer. So is this the one? Read on!
- A mineral pressed moisturizing powder foundation that gives medium-to-full coverage with a matte finish.
- Waterless type
- No fragrance
- With SPF12 PA++ for added protection against harmful UV rays.
- Covers pores, spots, dullness
- With brightening effect
- Can be used in all seasons
- Fluffy sponge included
- Available in 4 shades (PO-B1, OC-C1, OC-D1, OC-E1)
- Made in Japan
- Refill price: 800 JPY (tax not included)
- No funky smell
- Matte finish but my skin doesn’t look dry
- Doesn’t break me out.
- Covers redness
- Pores are less visible
- It has a yellowish undertone (for the shades OC-D1 & OC-E1). Just so you know the OC-E1 seemed a little darker for me. So I switched to OC-D1.
- light feeling
- not cakey
- Long-wearing (without sweating)
- No need to dampen the sponge upon application
- easy to blend
- sturdy packaging
- Traveling with this isn’t inconvenient at all.
- Can’t really cover up scars and spots.
- Contains two types of paraben-based preservatives (methyl and ethyl parabens). Studies say parabens are generally harmless when used in low percentages. That being said, I can’t be too complacent especially when the percentage isn’t even written in the ingredients.
If not for the parabens in it, this could have been the one for me. I’m still searching for a paraben-free product that’ll match my yellowish undertone. In the meantime, I’ll continue using this. I don’t use it on daily basis, though.
Have you tried this before? If so, what do you think?
FULL DISCLOSURE: This is not a paid/sponsored content. The opinions expressed are completely my own based on my experience. Written with all honesty, but not to promote nor to defame the brand.