Before its official launch last month, it had already taken the gaming world by storm. At first, I couldn’t get it. It’s just a game. Of course, I had the excitement because, Mario. My childhood friend. As soon as my husband and I got hands on Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe, I fell in love with it in a New York minute.
Let me briefly present to you the scoop of the game in bullets:
- It’s a racing game that you can play anytime, anywhere. Thanks to Nintendo Switch!
- It has 48 characters to choose from, including newcomers from the Splatoon™ series. However, you can choose your Mii character. Just be sure to link your Nintendo account.
- There are 48 courses you race for the cup on, not to mention the ones inspired by the Excite Bike™ and the Legend of Zelda™ series.
- To help out rookie racers like me, there’s a new option called Smart Steering.
- With 23 items of power-ups and you can hold 2 items at a time.
- 5 types of battle! Which means more ways to crash the competition. So it’s not just about racing.
- 8 battle mode courses.
I have to commend the makers of this great fun game. From the layout, concept, music background, sound effects, vibrations, and all! This is absolutely a whole new level of gaming experience for me! Especially with these Joy-Con controllers…
These make me feel like I’m on a real kart. The size fits my hands perfectly. In total, the price is high but I have no regrets for allowing my husband to buy the game and the controllers. It’s not like everyday we spend much on these things. You buy them once and you can definitely have and enjoy them for a long time.
Another thing is that, this has become one of our dates. 🙂 For certified switchers and Nintendo fans out there, the answer to the question above, yes it is! This is a must-have!