UPDATED LAST: November 2020
I’m sharing with you my experience of getting a South Korea tourist visa from the South Korean consulate in Tokyo. I would like to state my facts first:
- My husband is Korean. I am Filipino.
- We are both expats in Japan.
- He holds a Permanent Residence Card.
- I’m currently not a permanent resident here. To be specific, the status is Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident.
- A housewife for the time being.
- Have never been to Korea but to other (3) Asian countries.
I did the application last month and I must say it surprised me how easy and fast it was. I was asked to submit these:
- Valid signed passport
- Japan Residence Card (photocopy and original)
- Completed Application Form
4. Passport size colored photo (should be pasted on the Application Form)
I was granted a C-3-9 single entry visa without any problem 2 days later and the cherry on the cake was I didn’t get to spend a single coin for it. Yes, it was for free!
Visa Application/ Issuance is on the 3rd floor.
Application: Morning only (9 – 11)
Issuance: Afternoon only (2 – 4)
Stay updated! Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.