Once you get the certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage from the Korean embassy, it’s time for you to apply for the marriage license. This is done in the Local Civil Registrar’s office which is located in the hometown of the Filipino partner. Remember that the couple’s appearance is needed since you will be asked to fill out a form.
Click these links for details:
1. How to get a Barangay Certificate for Marriage
2. How to get a Pre-Marriage Counseling Seminar Certificate
- Be at the LCR’s office as early as possible.
- Check everything before getting there. Especially the receipts.
- Make sure to only pay the exact amount.
- Bring a black pen.
- Be extra careful when filling out the form.
- Don’t hesitate to ask.
- Don’t forget to bring any valid ID cards. (passport for the foreigner partner)
- Be calm and wear your friendly smile.
NOTE: You can claim the marriage license after 10 days.
Stay updated! Not a WordPress user? Subscribe via email. Your email address will not be published.
Join 7,697 other followers
20 thoughts on “How to Get a Marriage License for Korean Filipino Couples”
Hi! Does the korean need birthcertificate? What do they called it? Or they also need it translated to english?