How To Get A Pre-marriage Counseling Certificate (Philippines)

Attending a pre-marriage counseling seminar is the next thing to do after getting the Barangay Certificate. This seminar basically takes place in your local City Social Welfare Services office. The couple’s personal appearance is highly needed. Ask for the schedule of the seminar beforehand. After the seminar, a certificate will be given to you which is one of the requirements when applying for a marriage license here in the Philippines.

What to do:

  1. Go to your local City Health’s office. (Bring with you the Barangay Certificate.)
  2. Pay for the seminar certificate. You will be asked whether your partner is a foreigner or not as the fees vary according to the nationality of one’s partner.

*For both Filipinos: Php 30.25

*For a Foreigner Partner: Php 60.50

3. After paying, you will receive the official receipt. Keep it.

4. Have your Barangay Certificate and the seminar certificate’s receipt photocopied. (1 copy each)

5. Now go to your local’s City Social Welfare Services (CSWS). You should go there a day before the schedule of the seminar.

6. Hand in the photocopies. You will be asked to fill out a form.

NOTE: The procedures may vary from city to city.

This seminar runs 3-4 hours in the morning. Just so you know, the language used during the seminar is mostly Cebuano.

Gotcha! ^_^

God bless you lovebirds! ❤

21 thoughts on “How To Get A Pre-marriage Counseling Certificate (Philippines)

  1. Hi! Is it Okay po to get Marriage License where my partner (Husband) Live (Cebu City)? we decided to get married here in Cebu City, even though I’m not living from Cebu City?

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Hi Sheryl. I saw your blog pls give me some advice. My hubby and I applied our marriage license in our place I know di po ma release yung license once we cannot undergo a Pre marriage counseling is it possible to undergo a Pre marriage counseling in other place?

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Hi! Sorry for the late response. I think it’s best po kung sa LCR office ng city nyo po kayo magtanong about nyan. Kasi po, sa amin sa Cebu pwede lang po kasi pag usapan especially kung valid yung reason. Thanks for dropping by! If you have more questions, please contact me via Messenger.


Leave a Reply to Anonymous Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.